[PD] RRADicaled drum abstractions...

chun lee leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 02:17:49 CEST 2004

Hi Frank:

>I think, the elegant solution was to read out the OSC-outlet's output,
>and then use the output of [OSCroute /*/preset] for setting the
>radiobutton or whatever is used to display substates. This however
>would require that the "substate"-messages to [originator] will
>generate OSC messages as well, which they currently do not.
>
>Does this sound sensible?

While I was reading your suggestion and looking at the rrad.tpl patch to see
how it would work, I came up with this and it seems to work ok.

Basically, add a [s $2-radiobutton-update] in the [originator] after the
[OSCroute /preset]. And then add a [r $0-radiobutton-update] in the [pd
save] or connect that straight to the radiobuttons. What do you think?

In addition, I found that in the rrad.tpl. The properties of the radiobutton
was set to receive "$0-substate-r", but I could not find where [s
$0-substate-r] is. So I put one in the [pd save] after the [route substate].
Otherwise I could not get substate $1 to update the radiobutton. Also the
connection between the [route substate] and message "setsub $1" is deleted.

Many thanks

CHUN