[PD] gem & multiple capture cards / webcams under linux

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Thu Oct 14 11:36:06 CEST 2004

hi tim,

I read:
> i'm curious, if someone has experience with using multiple capture cards
> or webcams (of the same type) on a linux system with gem ...

I never tried more than two at a time, this basically works but when I last
tried (some time ago) I had to rename the modules before loading so I'd get
2 devices in /dev , the usb bandwidth is too small for serious work with
more than 2 capture interfaces (and two is about where the fun stops)

HTH

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)