[PD] D*mn it!

Ryan Supak ryansupak at fbcad.org
Thu Oct 14 22:35:30 CEST 2004

The fingerworks SDK is very cool - I checked it out yesterday when I saw the Lemur thing.

Things it outputs right out of the box include:

its best estimate of which finger and which hand a given touch point is coming from,
how hard the area is being touched (using the radius of the pressure point, it's not actually velocity-sensitive),
touch point eccentricity (ratio of height to width),
and a given touch-event is tracked throughout its "life" with a unique ID.

I'd love to shell out $300 to get a fingerworks gadget and attempt to scribble up an external for it, but I'm too busy just trying to do music right now to get involved with new gear and excessive coding...I'm even too busy to practice with the serial mouse abstraction i just finished...

rs