[PD] compiling externals on osx

martin pichlmair pi at attacksyour.net
Fri Oct 15 14:56:48 CEST 2004

hi,

actually there are two error messages in what you posted. one of them
at compiling:

>>> cc -DPD -Os  -DUNIX -DMACOSX -Dunix -Wall -W -Wno-unused
>>> -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -Wno-shadow  -I. -I.. -I../include -o
>>> "ann.o" -c "../src/ann.c"
>>> In file included from ../src/ann.c:2:
>>> ../../ann/src/ann_som.c: In function `som_read':
>>> ../../ann/src/ann_som.c:433: warning: implicit declaration of
>>> function  `close'

and one at binding:

>>> cc -bundle  -bundle_loader /usr/local/pd/bin/pd  -o "ann.pd_darwin"
>>> "ann.o" -lc -lm \
>>> #       `test -f ann.libs && cat ann.libs`
>>> ld: can't open: /usr/local/pd/bin/pd (No such file or directory,
>>> errno  = 2)
>>> make: *** [ann.pd_darwin] Error 1

i wonder if this second one still comes after you installed HCSs pd and
set the appropriate path in the makefile.

concerning the first one: close is in unistd.h maybe you just have to
add the include. i had to add some very basic includes in some cases
for the mac. so have a look at ann_som.c and if there is no line
telling

#include <unidstd.h>

then you sould insert it.

lg