[PD] bitcrusher : debugging

Patrick Valiquet dustbediamonds at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 15 18:45:19 CEST 2004

Hey,

This abstraction seems to work fine and sounds good
_ie. bad_ by itself ;-)

The math seems okay to me but maybe could be more
elegant...

Anyway, in a large generative patch I have about
twenty of these which are triggered more or less
randomly. Pd plays the audio fine, displays _no_ error
messages, and the cpuload doesn't go over maybe 25%
which is normal on my machine (PD installer 0.37.1, G3
600mhz), but i get weird gui freezes. I spent last
night debugging the patch and narrowed the problem
down to this abstraction.

Could someone maybe plug it in and/or tell me why
using multiples of it would make pd act so strange?

thanks in advance,

patrick

=====
ØäPnî­áÃ`Ìgx9KlóS•Ìh´9»=œ®_®½ö±ql°<|Pô“)”ì¹xS@‹ñìðeúë©­
Çñ=Ž>²åûMsØ›h#Õ×k·#Í6žü:´kB*÷Ú©¶½ö“™Gγü>u4ÖÿžŽ¾Ú÷ç5
À8¡ http://www3.telus.net/pinothefrog/ @½ø’ÈWϱïÚU¤IéѼž¹ÑmàÝs è+ý5E“)IÐ ÃBâÅ/²@A€gºžët(‹qÙĐ¯–mè0%—íDcWïýŸ_Ÿ‰—
þ[>¿B±¸ Ÿ_i}¾Ëï³5ý_/çËÿ,¿k—믾C`©rÉ?Ÿ Ä×îõ$2,‚µðÈd7’