[PD] Tuning PD with 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3-x86_64-k8

cdr ix at replic.net
Sat Oct 16 08:47:55 CEST 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 07:47:27PM -0600, thewade wrote:
> I just got 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3 running on my AMD64 laptop. I was told some people are opperating their machines with jack running at 64 frames of buffer. My jackd statement looks like this:
> sudo jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:1 -r 48000 -p 256
> anything less than 256 causes xruns just when I move the mouse around...
>
> When I run medium sized patches I get errors like A/D/A Sync: What causes these errors? When I run large patches jackd says something like delay of xxxx usec spare time yyyy restarting... What configure options should I have built jack with? (./configure --with-default-tmpdir=/dev/shm)
>
> My .pdrc file looks like this:
> -jack
> -rt
> -path /usr/local/lib/pd/externs
> -path /usr/local/lib/pd/extra
> -path /home/wade/pd/general
> -path /home/wade/pd
> -lib sphere~
> -lib fftbin~
> -lib zexy
> -lib Gem
> -mididev 1,2,3
> -r 48000
> -channels 18
>
> If I dont specify an audiobuf or blocksize, what are the defaults?

64-sample jack buffer works here. 2.6.9-final CONFIG_PREEMPT=y (no psycho patches..) echoaudio nforce3 939-3000+

with that kinda rice in your kernel string, you might want to try devel_0_37 and paste this into configure.in:

       if test "$optimize" == "k8"; then
          ARCH_CFLAGS="-march=k8 -mmmx -msse -msse2 -mfpmath=sse"
       fi

and configure with:

./configure --enable-jack --enable-alsa --enable-optimize=k8 --enable-simd --enable-threadedsf

but i'm only tasting with 'warbly sine wave thing.' because soundfiles arent loading. have you gotten that to work?

default blocksize is 64, but i tried 48 and 96 and it made no difference. first thing you want to do is get jack working without the xrun messages...