[PD] Gem for a dual G5

Amos Elmaliah amos.elmaliah at interfaculty.nl
Sat Oct 16 15:32:06 CEST 2004

Hi,
Chris, I think i found one cause for cpu drops.
while rgba texturing of cubes (many), having lighting enabled, I
noticed that changing scaleXYZ ratios so the cubes are not cubes is
very demanding for the GPU,(geforce 5200) and my frame rate drops from
~200 to ~10. is there a way to do this without the high cost ?
Is there a difference in implementation between re-scaling a  geo [
cube ] or changing the size of a geo doing something like

	[scale]

	[cube ]
?
thanks, amos.