[PD] problems with installing GEM

op at sit10.net op at sit10.net
Sat Oct 16 21:21:24 CEST 2004

I'm trying to install GEM in Mac OSX. I got a copy of Gem.pd_darwin
and placed in the PD.app/Contents/Resources/Extra folder (following
the install instructions from the site where I got Gem.pd_darwin
from). The install instructions also told me to run the command ./pd
-nomidi -noaudio -lib Gem from Terminal.

This is the message I got after typing in the command on Terminal:

>[tigochi:Pd-0.38-0test7.app/Contents/Resources] tiagobor% ./pd
>-nomidi -noaudio -lib Gem
>tcsh: ./pd: Command not found.
>[tigochi:Pd-0.38-0test7.app/Contents/Resources] tiagobor% pd -nomidi
>-noaudio -lib Gem
>tcsh: pd: Command not found.
>[tigochi:Pd-0.38-0test7.app/Contents/Resources] tiagobor% cd bin
>[tigochi:Contents/Resources/bin] tiagobor% ls
>pd              pd.tk           pdsend
>pd-watchdog     pdreceive       pdtcl

I've also tried placing it in several other parts of the application
folder and run the command again, in none of the results I got any
closer to solving this problem.

This is also what I get in PD when I open GEM related files:

>  gemhead
>... couldn't create
>  pix_video
>... couldn't create
>  gemwin 5
>... couldn't create
>  pix_threshold
>... couldn't create
>  color
>... couldn't create
>  pix_texture
>... couldn't create
>  sphere
>... couldn't create
>  rotate
>... couldn't create
>error: inlet: expected '' but got 'reset'
>... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
>error: inlet: expected '' but got 'frame'
>error: inlet: expected '' but got 'offset'
>error: inlet: expected '' but got 'dimen'
>error: inlet: expected '' but got 'float'

I guess Gem.pd_darwin contains GEM and it's libraries.

Has anyone been through this experience as well? Could any one please help me?
Thanks a lot for any feedback!

Regards

Tiago

--

+44 (0) 7956009826

www.panda-man.info

.

++

                                                       +
<fromfolkloretoshampoo>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
								+
	+
					+<thetrainisthesame>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
								+