[PD] problems with installing GEM

op at sit10.net op at sit10.net
Sat Oct 16 22:45:19 CEST 2004

hi,

i couldn't find .pdrc anywhere in my machine (nor inside PD package contents).

inside the package content for PD i have the following files and folders:

<> for folder and - for file:

<abstractions>
<bonk~>
<choice>
<expr~>
<fiddle~>
<gem> (contains Gem.pd_darwin, placed and created by me, trying to
solve things)
<logs> (doesn't contain anything reffering GEM)
<loop~>
<Irshift~>
<pique>
<scripts>
- complex-mod~.pd
- expr.pd_darwin
- expr~.pd_darwin
- fexpr~.pd_darwin
- Gem.pd_darwin (i've placed this here)
- help-complex-mod~.pd
- help-expr.pd
- help-hilbert~.pd
- help-rev1~.pd
- help-rev2~.pd
- help-rev3~.pd
- hilbert~.pd
- README.txt
- rev1-final.pd
- rev1-stage.pd
- rev1~.pd
- rev2~.pd
- rev3~.pd

when i open PD nothing appears on screen, it looks neat and shows nothing.
trying to open 01.Text.pd (a file outside PD, it's a PD file using
Gem) with PD i get a patch window with all looking normal and I get
PD window saying:

  gemhead
... couldn't create
  gemhead
... couldn't create
  text3d hello world
... couldn't create
  rotate
... couldn't create
  gemwin
... couldn't create
  textoutline hello world
... couldn't create
  translateXYZ
... couldn't create
  rotateXYZ
... couldn't create
  translateXYZ 0 2 0
... couldn't create
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'reset'
... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.

--

+44 (0) 7956009826

www.panda-man.info

.

++

                                                       +
<fromfolkloretoshampoo>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
								+
	+
					+<thetrainisthesame>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
								+