[PD] problems with installing GEM

slimboyfatboyslim slimboyfatboyslim at slimboyfatboyslim.org
Sat Oct 16 23:07:55 CEST 2004

ok, go to http://www.slimboyfatboyslim.org/gl.html

There's a comport.pd_darwin, try it with keyspan USB-serial module and
get some electronics to play with.

You should try either Basic Stamp from Parallex or PIC (PIC is much
cheaper), both of them get complier for osx, if youare hardcore C guy,
try ATMel which is faster than any of the above and you didn't need the
expensive keyspan cable.

Cheers,

於 16 Oct 04 10:45 PM 時,op at sit10.net 提到:

> got TextEdit.app to write '.pdrc' file wit the instructions:
>
> -path /usr/local/lib/pd/extra
> -lib Gem
>
> placed it in Users/Home/ directory and open PD afterwards, I got:
>
> reading startup file: /Users/tiagoborgesdasilva/.pdrc
> GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
> GEM: ver: 0.888-pre1
> GEM: compiled: Jan 28 2004
> GEM: maintained by IOhannes m zmoelnig
> GEM: Authors :  Mark Danks (original version on irix/windows)
> GEM:            Chris Clepper (macOS-X)
> GEM:            Daniel Heckenberg (windows)
> GEM:            James Tittle (macOS-X)
> GEM:            IOhannes m zmoelnig (linux/windows)
>
> and after opening PD files requiring Gem to work, things worked out
> greatly!!!
> thank you so much slimfatboyslim!!!!! :)
>

> now, another question, is there a place where i could find out more
> about connecting sensors to pd through usb/serial port? is there a
> recommendation regarding this? like electronic advice, types of
> connectors to be used and how to get PD talking to external microchips
> and other devices?
>
> thanks galore!!!!
> Best Regards
>
> Tiago
>
> --
>

> +44 (0) 7956009826
>
> www.panda-man.info
>

> .
>

> ++
>

>                                                        +
>  <fromfolkloretoshampoo>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>                                                          +
>        +
>
> +<thetrainisthesame>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>                                                           +