[PD] bitcrusher : debugging

Patrick Valiquet dustbediamonds at yahoo.ca
Sun Oct 17 05:24:13 CEST 2004

Yeah, I realized there must have been other problems
with the patch. Perhaps I can post it here later to
see if anyone can figure it out... no error messages,
no cpu load peaks, just gui freeze...

anyhow, thanks to Frank for the RRADicaled version,
enjoy the krusher :)

 --- chun lee <leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Patrick:
>
> I have plugged the RRADicaled version of your
> abstraction by Frank into my
> patch and I got no gui freezes (its been running for
> the last couple of
> hours). Thought you might like to know:)
>
> This is in PD 0.37.1 Fedora Core 2
>
> Cheers
>
> CHUN
>

> >Anyway, in a large generative patch I have about
> >twenty of these which are triggered more or less
> >randomly. Pd plays the audio fine, displays _no_
> error
> >messages, and the cpuload doesn't go over maybe 25%
> >which is normal on my machine (PD installer 0.37.1,
> G3
> >600mhz), but i get weird gui freezes. I spent last
> >night debugging the patch and narrowed the problem
> >down to this abstraction.
> >
> >Could someone maybe plug it in and/or tell me why
> >using multiples of it would make pd act so strange?
> >
> >thanks in advance,
> >
> >patrick

=====
ØäPnî­áÃ`Ìgx9KlóS•Ìh´9»=œ®_®½ö±ql°<|Pô“)”ì¹xS@‹ñìðeúë©­
Çñ=Ž>²åûMsØ›h#Õ×k·#Í6žü:´kB*÷Ú©¶½ö“™Gγü>u4ÖÿžŽ¾Ú÷ç5
À8¡ http://www3.telus.net/pinothefrog/ @½ø’ÈWϱïÚU¤IéѼž¹ÑmàÝs è+ý5E“)IÐ ÃBâÅ/²@A€gºžët(‹qÙĐ¯–mè0%—íDcWïýŸ_Ÿ‰—
þ[>¿B±¸ Ÿ_i}¾Ëï³5ý_/çËÿ,¿k—믾C`©rÉ?Ÿ Ä×îõ$2,‚µðÈd7’