[PD] a/d/a and jackd alsa low-latency problems

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon Oct 18 04:02:26 CEST 2004

Hello all, I\'ve a few questions to beg of you,

What are A/D/A sync errors caused by?

Also I seem to have plenty of spare time available when I run
jackd (Thanks for the help by the way!) but I cannot fully
utilize it. When I run:
sudo jackd -v -R -d alsa -d hw:1 -r 48000 -p 32
Alsa says it cannot allocate a buffersize of 32. 64 seems as
small as I can go. How can I circumvent this?

Lastly, what is this?
bad window path name \".x0x8208f0\"
bad window path name \".x0x847780\"
bad window path name \".x0x881cb0\"

Im running a voice synthsis patch with a seperate gem interface
to be run on a different computer. When I start the voice
interface wihtout the graphics I obviously get nesend errors,
but I get these errors as well. PD-0.38-0test4.
Any Ideas?

Thanks,
-thewade