[PD] "readdir" for XP ?

ix ix at replic.net
Mon Oct 18 11:48:06 CEST 2004

seems a bit crude - yet functional, http://whats-your.name/pd/extra/dllcity/

> that said, for portability, it's probably safest to go with
> tot or python or ruby or <insert language here> that can do
> exactly what you want ... i write mostly C because i don't
> want to bother learning python ;-)

i used to buy that marketing point of 'scripting'-lang until seeing ruby scripts cause all sorts of segfault on `doze, and not being able to get TK stuff working right with linux only supplying cryptic and useless error messages seeming to point to incomplete platform support..

>  > i don`t know about readdir... but if its only reading folders the folderglider
>  > external might be handy. it requires tot...

folderglider is pretty neat but pretty slow on windows compared to 'dir' or GNU find. this works for me:

[openpanel or dropfile]
#X msg 10 12 bash --login -c 'find "`echo \$1 | sed -f /s/sf `"*.[wW][aA][vV]
-maxdepth 1';
[ix-shell]

/s/sf is a file containing s/[^\/]*$// with no linebreak (important)