[PD] Devel_0_37 Compile: undefined reference to `copyvec'

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Mon Oct 18 22:42:49 CEST 2004

Tim Blechmann wrote:

>>That doesn't seem to have fixed it... :( I even removed the pd module
>>and downloaded it from scratch in case it was a problem with cvs not
>>updating correctly. I'm running kernel 2.6.8, with gcc 3.3.4.
>>

>could you try to compile with --enable-optimize=(insert your processor)

I have a k7, the only ones listed are p4, p3, g4, g5. Trying it with
--enable-optimize=k7 yields an error of course:

m_simd_sse_gcc.c
m_simd_sse_gcc.c:690: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
m_simd_sse_gcc.c: In function `setvec_simd':
m_simd_sse_gcc.c:40: error: impossible constraint in `asm'
make: *** [m_simd_sse_gcc.o] Error 1

>and --enable-simd ... also ... make sure that you check out the m_simd.c
>file ...

I added --enable-simd and I still got the error. I made sure I have
m_simd.c, I looked in it to see if there were any configurations and saw
none. I'm still getting this error after issuing a make:

g_io.o(.text+0x78b): In function `vinlet_perfsimd':
: undefined reference to `copyvec'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [../bin/pd] Error 1

After I updated there wasn't a ./configure script as usual. I ran
autoconf without any args and that created a configure script. Perhaps
there was an error there?

Thanks for your help
-Ian