[PD] Devel_0_37 Compile: undefined reference to `copyvec'

ix ix at replic.net
Tue Oct 19 02:20:48 CEST 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 07:11:56PM -0700, Ian Smith-Heisters wrote:
> Tim Blechmann wrote:
>
> >>I have a k7, the only ones listed are p4, p3, g4, g5. Trying it with
> >>--enable-optimize=k7 yields an error of course:
> >>

> >k7 isn't implemented in the configure script ...
> >

> >>m_simd_sse_gcc.c
> >>m_simd_sse_gcc.c:690: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
> >>m_simd_sse_gcc.c: In function `setvec_simd':
> >>m_simd_sse_gcc.c:40: error: impossible constraint in `asm'
> >>make: *** [m_simd_sse_gcc.o] Error 1
> >>

> >i'm not sure if the k7 supports sse ... if so, you'd have to add
> >-march=athlon or something like that to the CFLAGS, otherwise the gcc
> >assembler doesn't know of the existence of the xmm registers ...
> >but if you run the configure script without any --enable-simd and
> >--enable-optimize, i doubt there are any problems ...
> >

> Right, but that's where I started.
>
> ./configure --prefix=$HOME --enable-alsa --enable-jack
> --enable-threadedsf --enable-fftw
>
> make
>
> Still yields the same error. I even just ran yet another cvs update, but
> still the same problem.

in order to get CVS compiling, i had to uncomment stuff in m_pd.h and also add some || (__x86_64__) stuff to m_simd.h and maybe m_simd_gcc.c... or so i thought, the Assembler started whining about stuff, even though a cat /proc/cpuinfo clearly mentioned sse2 and all the other stuff, i guess some of it isnt 64bit clean.. anyways what im getting at is if you have an athlon-XP, you have sse support, but a plain athlon doesnt. so perhaps a peek into the GCC docs to figure out if you can do (__k7__) or whatever (at the very least add a -march=athlon-xp)..and if so add your arch to the idfef the 2 files above and everything should get defined properly and compile..