[PD] which book

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Oct 19 19:42:37 CEST 2004

john saylor wrote:
> hi
>
> ( 04.10.19 16:43 +0200 ) Frank Barknecht:
>
>>And it was just published as a cheaper paperback edition - withouth
>>CD, though. How "important" would those, who know the older
>>"Microsound", judge the CD?
>

> pretty important in 'hearing' the sounds. the math is not on the disk,
> so if you are persitent and careful, you should be able to DIY.

Yes, the CD is what really brings life to the different methods which
Roads describes. Not "essential", but certainly a valuable addition. Too
bad MIT Press cheaped out on the paperback. I'm sure there's a few
places out there where the tracks might be shared, though ;-)

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 112: