[PD] saving abstractions within pd patch

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Thu Oct 21 08:15:13 CEST 2004

I just keep everything in the same directory, with the main patch having
the same name as the directory. This is basically what Pro Tools does,
it creates a project directory and a sub directory for all the
soundfiles, and puts the main project file in the project directory.

It might be nice to have a dependencies script that would scan the main
patch for references to abstractions, check if they're in the same
directory, and if not, list the abstractions that are being kept in the
library so you can copy them to the project directory for easy
distribution. That wouldn't be hard to write in something like perl,
maybe I'll do it this weekend.

I don't like the idea of PD doing all that for me, so that every time I
use an abstraction I end up with another copy of it on my harddrive.
That kind of defeats the purpose of having centralized libraries.

Cheers,
Ian