[PD] a/d/a and jackd alsa low-latency problems

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Thu Oct 21 09:23:57 CEST 2004

> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, gerard van dongen wrote:
> > > 64 does not make sense with pd. Sound I/O with pd is based on
> > > 64 bit chunks.
> >
> > Can't you set the block~ size smaller?

My tests shows that you need at least 3x times the blocksize, since you have a
floating logical time.

> Not for audio I/O. You would have to change the source and recompile
> with a different default blocksize.

there was some patch for a command line option,

Blocksize ist defined only in one #define so this could be easy to handle,
but overhead of calling becomes higher so you need more cpu power.

mfg winfried