[PD] CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Thomas Comiotto comiotto at rcfmedia.ch
Thu Oct 21 09:20:12 CEST 2004

---------------

MUMBAI STREAMING ATTACK
Calls for Rotterdam media art students and sound artists to join a
ROTTERDAM
TRAMJAM SESSION

TRAMJAM - ROTTERDAM RUSHHOUR is a networked streaming audio
performance. The
live performance is scheduled as a public event with netstreaming and
local
radio broadcast for the Dutch Electronic Art Festival DEAF04 - Affective
Turbulence: The Art of Open Systems, this November in Rotterdam.

http://www.tramjam.net/
http://www.deaf04.nl/

TRAMJAM - ROTTERDAM RUSHHOUR is initiated by Mumbai Streaming Attack, a
networked performance study group currently based at SNM/HGKZ
(http://www.snm-hgkz.ch/) in Zurich. The group first performed
TRAMJAM-ZURICH RUSHHOUR for broadcast at reboot.fm, berlin in February
2004
and TRAMJAM-Vienna Rishhour for the Free Bitflows conference in Vienna
in
June 2004. The group aims to continue its tramjam rushhour performance
in
major European cities where centralized tramlines still exist.

For the Rotterdam tramjam performance, Mumbai Streaming Attack invites
local
Rotterdam media students and sound artists for a joint
multi-track-multi-driver tramjam session that follows the routing and
rushhour tram schedule of Rotterdam's 9 tramlines. Each sound artist can
choose a tramline and design sound materials that characterize that
particular tram routing. The sound materials can be collected or
composed
sound, pre-recorded for collective replay. TRAMJAM-Rotterdam Rushhour
further explore mobile interface of the Rotterdam tramvibe by inviting
on
site/on tram live sound upload through mobile devices. The performance
set
for a public space will also invite public participation via
mobilephones on
trams or microphones on site.

TRAMJAM is programmed with PD (pure data), an open source software, a
multi-platform realtime performance processor. For our open call
performance
in Rotterdam, we will hold PD workshops for installing tramjam PD
programming for each participant.

To read more about PD: http://convention.puredata.info

to see our tramjam control data for Vienna
http://www.tramjam.net/vienna/pd/tramjam_pd2.gif

Tentative schedule:
Open Workshop: Monday 8 November - Wednesday 10 November
Performance: Friday 12 November

For participation, please send e-mail to:
tramjam-rotterdam at www.snm-hgkz.ch
Check the detail under http://wiki.snm-hgkz.ch/tramjam

TRAMJAM-ROTTERDAM is a V2-DEAF2004 project
Supported by Media Design Research, Piet Zwart Institute, Willem de
Kooning
Academy Hogeschool Rotterdam (http://pzwart.wdka.hro.nl/)
And New Media Studies, Hochschule fur Gestaltung und Kunst Zurich
(http://snm-hgkz.ch, http://www.hgkz.ch)