[PD] textfile - which externals ?

Marius Schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Thu Oct 21 15:41:14 CEST 2004

"Ik" wrote:

> Just to know - if you would make something that requires a bit of an
> external - what would be the most common externals to choose to use? which
> are the most wide available and used ones - In terms of 'can be expected
> to be available 90% of the time"?

I think cyclone is one of the most powerful external libraries, offering a
lot of basic objects. zexy and the iemlib are also very common libraries.
And then it depends what you want to do. For opengl renderings you will want
to use GEM or parts of pdp. for video and movie rendering there is pdp and
pidip. matju made a great gridflow ibrary. for non realtime processings on
buffers there is vasp. and there are tons of other externals. if you want to
have skripting possibilities i recommend the python library of thomas grill
(pyext), but there are also libraries for C, ruby, ... what else, forth?

still, none of those libraries are really available 90% of time.

marius.