[PD] $0-GriPD

Bradon Webb amodiuslonodium at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 22:41:27 CEST 2004

--- Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
> How are you trying to use them? $0 is unique to
> every Pd patch file, and they are more or less
>random. I doubt, that Gripd will have a way to know
>the $0 variable used in a Pd patch. You could try to
>send the current value to gripd.

I make abstractions in PD simmilar to the RRADical
project, all having an interface with sliders and
bangs using send and recieves with $0-x's.  This so
that I can recall multiple instances of the same
abstraction within a patch.  I was *hoping* that I
could use GriPD to produce a faster more flexible
interfaces.  So I am trying to get my PD patch to
communicate to GriPD via all the $0-x's but GriPD does
not understand them, so I have to change the variables
from "$0-variable" to "variable" so now all my patches
get jacked up because if I have two abstractions in
the same patch it cannot differenciate between the two
"variable"'s

> I must say, I am quite happy with the Pd GUI and I
> have never really
> used Gripd.

It seems like in the past my GOP has gotten really
boggy and slow when I have all my abstractions being
graphed at the same time.  It makes it really hard to
perform "real time" when you move you slider and then
1 second later the slider actually responds on the
screen.  Maybe GriPD is not good for developing
abstractions but stand alone patches with no
abstractions.

Thanks
Bradon