[PD] embedding abstractions..

adam armfield adamairmailed at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 00:19:39 CEST 2004

That dependency checking script sounds like a really
good idea. I agree that PD embedding everything
without asking would be wasteful and a bit rude. I
think that having the option of Embedding abstractions
would be a useful one. Either that or giving
subpatches some of the same advantages that
abstractions have.

I have been thinking a bit about the problem of
Embedding (via voice has decided to spell Embedding
with a capital E today, don't be alarmed; - )
abstractions and then keeping them automatically
updated (from the original file) I think that some
kind of script similar to the one you have described
might be useful in this case, so that when Apaches
(ViaVoice again, I mean " a patch is" ) loaded, the
embedded abstractions are checked against the original
file in the same directory and the user is given the
option to update them.

Keeping all the project files in their own directory
seems like a very good solution as well..

Best wishes

Adam