[PD] v4 and all that jazz

stotz oliver at klingt.org
Fri Oct 22 01:12:46 CEST 2004

Quoting matthew jones <m.jones at signal.QinetiQ.com>:

> Just wondering if anyone had any experience with vvvv software, and exactly
> what differences, if any, there are!

it's well worth a try, but for a long-time PD user like myself, it's quite
confusing. while the system of "nods" in vvvv seems to resemble PD's "objects",
it differs in very relevant ways, since such things as a "message triggering"
are handled in a different way. it's more like REAKTOR (or PD's audio data)
where video- as well as message-data are running through the cords all the
time.

in my opinion, programming practice is the main difference.

what's very good is, that it can communicate with PD over netsend or OSC. plus,
movie files are played with their sound !

didn't get too deep into it yet, though...

oliver