[PD] textfile - which externals ?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Oct 22 17:56:47 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Ik hat gesagt: // Ik wrote:

> Ok thanks all of you! I think I'll be looking a bit into externals (
> however, I was hoping for a built in solution)

If builtin is really important to you, then as I wrote in my first
mail, [textfile] or [qlist] are okay. The problem is, that both are
sequential containers, not ones with random access. But for 100
messages, sequential access should be fine, I suppose.

You can wrap the access by line number into an abstraction. If you
know the trigger gang bang patch: I used qlist in this way in
"m/ch.pd":

    [inlet] accepts line numbers

    [t b f b]
  /   [until]  \