[PD] variables for lists with unknown length

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Oct 24 19:30:49 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Marius Schebella hat gesagt: // Marius Schebella wrote:

> is there a possibility to have a special type of variable for lists? until
> now I have a workaround with prepend, but that does not solve all
> problems...

I'm not sure, I understand what you mean, but you can temporarily
store variable lists in [lister]. But I suppose that is not what you
mean.

> And I think it would be nice, if there was a possibilty to access to the
> local $0, $1... variables of a patch within a message(!). like
> [this message includes $$0 and $$1(.

You can emulate this in almost all cases with [f $1] or [symbol
$1],...  then send it to a message, which has $1,... in it.  [pack] is
your best friend there.

Ciao