[PD] Using two qwerty keyboards (one standard, one USB) attached to the same PC

ClaudiusMaximus gloriousclaudiusmaximus at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 07:57:22 CEST 2004

I have a spare USB qwerty keyboard lying around not doing anything
useful, and I was wondering whether it is possible to have two keyboards
connected to the same PC (running GNU/Linux Red Hat 9 PlanetCCRMA)
without the OS getting horribly confused.  Has anyone tried this
successfully?  How do you set it up (what externals etc do I need)?

The plan is to have the USB keyboard as an interface to trigger Pd
events (I like the tracker-style 2.5 octave set-up) while the normal
keyboard is used simultaneously for text entry.

Extending this idea, what about one standard qwerty keyboard for typing
and multiple USB qwerty keyboards (with multiple humans) for controlling Pd?

I'm too poor to afford all these fancy OSC control surfaces that seem to
be all the rage these days...

--
http://claudiusmaximus.tk