[PD] Using two qwerty keyboards (one standard, one USB) attached to the

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Wed Oct 27 12:16:56 CEST 2004

I read:
> I have a spare USB qwerty keyboard lying around not doing anything
> useful, and I was wondering whether it is possible to have two keyboards
> connected to the same PC (running GNU/Linux Red Hat 9 PlanetCCRMA)
> without the OS getting horribly confused.  Has anyone tried this
> successfully?

I'm curenntly investigating this, but it looks like what was easy with
the mouse is a terrible mess with keyboards (I'd love to be corrected)

see-> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/XFree-Local-multi-user-HOWTO.html
   -> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/3100/1/
   -> http://www.ltn.lv/~aivils/

> How do you set it up (what externals etc do I need)?

see above, hans' linux hid/event objects wil come in handy once it works I
guess.

HTH

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)