[PD] Messing with pd in a text editor

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Wed Oct 27 18:32:02 CEST 2004

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>You input "$1" into the slider, without backslash.

I always get a an "error: $1: argument number out of range" then it sets
it 0. I just tried putting in \$1 and it didn't complain, but it still
set it to 0. This is the debian package version (0.37.4). Just checked
with a CVS version from October 1st (0.37.2 devel) and it does the same.
Can 0.38 do this?

>I also edit patches in an editor, especially mass updates. I also edit
>settings files for patches in my editor. I really should write a
>pd-syntax file for Vim someday.

That would be hot. Maybe then I really would do all my editing in a text
editor ;)

-Ian