[PD] PDP make install errors

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 27 19:23:14 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 14:43, rob canning wrote:
> hi list,
> i get the following error while trying to install PDP on a linux Fedora
> Core 2 box with a planetccrma kernel.

> pdp_imageproc_common.c:292: warning: use of cast expressions as lvalues
> is deprecated
> make[2]: *** [pdp_imageproc_common.o] Error 1

It is the result of the -Werror flag. It changes compile time warnings to
errors and stops the compilation.
You can either edit the source to make them comply with the (stricter)
standards of new gcc versions, or (what I did) remove the -Werror flag from
the makefiles.
(Even better would be to change the configure/automake/autoconf stuff to not
set that flag)

hope this helps

Gerard