[PD] old gripes once again: os x latency

Matthew Nish-Lapidus mattn-l at rogers.com
Thu Oct 28 14:44:48 CEST 2004

hey everybody.

i'd just like to bring up one of my old gripes about pd.  the latency
on os x won't go below 12ms without breaking up.  i can get down to 4ms
with max or reaktor.  and i looked into port audio and they say that
ultra-low latency is supported for os x port audio.

i've got a 17" poerbook 1ghz, 1gb ram, motu828mkII

anyone have any ideas?

i'd also like to offer my moral support (i'm not really a dsp
programmer) to tim on his quest for a threaded soundfiler.

/*
Matt Nish-Lapidus

www.mn-l.com // www.nishlapidus.com
matt at ekran.org // matt at mn-l.com // mattn-l at rogers.com