[PD] midi-out devices listing

Lazzaro N. Ciccolella ciccolix at tiscalinet.it
Thu Oct 28 15:33:38 CEST 2004

Johannes M Zmoelnig wrote:
> 1) if you are using pd-0.38 (or higher) you will have to add "-stderr"
> to the flags to make pd output something via the stderr instead of the
> tk-console
I use 0.37 (I need the executables for win and mac).
> 2) pd outputs to stderr and not to stdout. this might be the problem
> with your redirection. unfortunately i don't know of any
> stream-redirections for windows (which doesn't mean they don't exist)
Yes, I had read these stdout related things in the archives of the
pd-mailinglist (for this, initially, I have not asked on that argument).

I am hoping that existed in pd a command like:

;
pd listmididev;

:)

> and then of course the question, why would you need to know such a thing
> like the names of the midi-out devices if you have no gui.
I have a GUI, I have created one appropriate GUI (with tcl/tk) for
children.
My GUI and pd communicates in bidirectional way through socket
connections.
I would want to create a panel of configuration (in my GUI) in which the
customer can choose if to use the sounds of the audio card (generally
not many beautiful) and those of a soft-synth.

bye
--
Lazzaro