[PD] new's from pmpd

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Thu Oct 28 21:02:29 CEST 2004

hello,

I just commmited the 0.06 version of pmpd...

this is not a definitive version, things could change on next version.

nothing really new exept 2 objects :

[pmpd] can now hold a whole network of masses and links.
messages to this object allow the creation of mass and link inside the
object.
all old pmpd patch can be computed with a single object.

I did not real benchmark, but performances should be better.

the problem is how to deal with inlet and outlets.
I don't really know what is the best way for this object to communicated
with the rest of the patch.

if i'm not very clear, maybe looking at the new exemples whould help.

i'm looking for idea, it's the only aim of this version.

the 2nd new object is [pmpd~]
it react exactely like pmpd, but with '~' inlet and outlet.
this mean you can do audio synthesys with it, but I don't think it can
be very usefull because of the cpu that is neaded for the simulation.
(on my computer i can have 50 masses and link @ 44100 on windows and 4
times more on linux)

the "how to connect inlet and outlet to the physical model" problem is
the same.

idea, feedback, comment etc are welcome.

As I don't have lot's of time, 0.06 is only available on the cvs (not on
the pmpd website).

I also include in the cvs a pmpd documentation (open office file)

I did not try to compile this version on osX, but it should work...

The last thing is that I also change all masses objects to include small
random forces in order to avoid denormalisation.

hope you'll like

cyrille