[PD] JACK transport in pd

gerard van dongen gml at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 29 10:50:09 CEST 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 01:46:36 -0400, Jon B <cz4c6zc02 at sneakemail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand JACK transport completely, but is there
> functionality for it in pd?  Could I create some box in pd that would
> bang when I press play in ardour, and create outputs when ardour
> changes BPM, etc?  will this be added at a later date?

I was meaning to add that to my jackx externals.
I wrote those when the transport API was still in flux, but now that it is
stable it won't be much work to cook up an external that does something
like this. And the other way of course, controlling the transport from pd.
(is it stable thougn? there is still a lot of discussion going on about it)

I am really busy though, so if anybody else feels the urge ...., I won't
get to it untill end of november.

Gerard