[PD] back in pdland

Miha Tomsic miha.tomsic at guest.arnes.si
Fri Oct 29 23:37:48 CEST 2004

	Hello, wonderful people!

While returning back to pdland I stumbled across some issues and I am
about to share my pain with you :)

I compiled 0.37.4 from Miller's site.

1. I am getting "bad screen distance" if I don't unset LANG as suggested
by Zachris Trolin - thanks. LANG=C also works. But the problem is still
present in 0.38-0test7. Guess it must be tcl/tk issue. My FC2 is using
tcl-8.4.5-7 and tk-8.4.5-8.

2. I get dropouts (A/D/A sync) every minute or so when using ALSA
output. Even if I am not touching anything. With oss I don't get this
problems. I am using -rt scheduling. Jack is also doing fine. The same
is with 0.38-0test7.
I am using alsa 1.0.5(a) from PlanetCCRMA applied over FC2.

And then there are webcams that are driving me crazy, but that's quite
different story. :)

Thanks and take care,

	Miha