[PD] Pd Text editor documentation...

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Oct 30 17:48:20 CEST 2004

Hallo,
chun lee hat gesagt: // chun lee wrote:

> I was looking for some documentation on the text editor (ctrl+t) in pd, but
> could not seems to find it on the net. Could anyone point me to the right
> place? I would like to know how to use it.

The Ctl-T-Editor is simply a way to get a bigger and better editor for
Pd elements. If you create an object with "Put something" or edit an
existing object, then pressing Ctl-T will bring up an editor window to
edit the object's content, if the Edit cursor is inside this object.

"Send" then will immediatly send your changes to the object (or
message,...) but keep the editor window open, while "Okay" will send
the changes and close the editor window.

Pressing "Send" and then "Okay" will insert your changes twice, btw
and pressing "Send" several times will insert your changes several
times, too. This can be annoying. If you want to close the editor
without sending again, just use the Window close button. Now that I
think about it: a "Cancel" or "Discard changes" button would be nice
to add.

On my Linux box, copying and pasting text from the X clipboard into a Pd
object only works when using the editor window, so that's what I
normally use it for.

I found, that trying to edit larger messages (I tried to add 128 lines
once) might result in shortened messages, though, so always check for
correctness.

That's all I know about the Text Editor.

Ciao