[PD] Re: [PD-dev] pd's font type

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Oct 30 19:34:07 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Reini Urban hat gesagt: // Reini Urban wrote:

> I'd prefer Tahoma if its easy...
> Aligment issues are less important than aesthetics for me. Tahoma is
> very efficient in it's space usage. (The narrow counterpart of the
> monstrous Verdana)

Both don't come with Linux and they are not allowed to be
redistributed (see http://tinyurl.com/4wyt8) anymore (see
http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/ on that special "hack" for Verdana,
but not Tahoma).

The change Tim commited just will allow you to specify the font to use
yourself, so you don't have to use Verdana, and I can carry on to use
Courier (or "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono Bold 10", which is my favourite
fixed width font and it's a free as in speech font.).

Ciao