[PD] pd's font type

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Oct 31 00:09:40 CEST 2004

Hallo,

> At pd~conf, we discussed making a cross-platform standard font, so that
> pixel coords would be the same cross-platform.  I believe Miller said
> that he was planning on doing that relatively soon...

The Bitstream fonts like the Vera family (name probably intentionally
hints at Verdana) are free, open source fonts, which could be a good
default for Pd, IMO:
http://www.bitstream.com/font_rendering/products/dev_fonts/vera.html
http://www.gnome.org/fonts/

They are ttf fonts, which is pretty standard now on most operating
systems.

Ciao