[PD] Mac OS X, ALT-Shortcuts

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Nov 1 22:05:13 CET 2004

I just remembered, the latest version of Tcl/Tk,  8.4.7, addresses the
wierdness of the Alt key, so it should be much easier to use the Alt
key on Darwin/MacOS X with Tcl/Tk 8.4.7

.hc

On Nov 1, 2004, at 3:09 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> It has to do with the way that the keys are mapped in Pd.  The Tcl/Tk
> framework fully supports all of the keys.
>
> Reworking the menus and key commands is relatively high on my todo
> list, but it'll probably be a couple months before I have time to get
> to it.  Hopefully someone else will get to it before me...
>
> .hc
>
> On Nov 1, 2004, at 2:39 PM, rainer kohlberger wrote:
>

>> New to PD and a Mac OS X user;
>> browsed the pd-list-mailarchive and found out that other users had
>> have the same problem (in June):
>> 'ALT'-shortcuts (for putting bangs, toggles, etc.) do not work.
>>
>> Is that problem solved in the meantime?
>> Has it something to do with the Tcl/Tk-Framwork?
>> Other ideas?
>>

>> rainer.
>>

>> __
>> http://www.kohlberger.net/

> _____
>
> "If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
> exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an
> idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps
> it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
> the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
> of it."
>
>                                                     - Thomas Jefferson

____

deliberately throwing it
away to benefit those who profit from scarcity."
							-John Gilmore

____

                     There is no way to peace, peace is the way.
										-A.J. Muste