[PD] gem 0.90 - only one rendering output/pd session

Christian Klotz list_pd at deviation.de
Tue Nov 2 11:19:07 CET 2004

Hi again,
I tried a bit more to get gem running and if found out that it renders
everything correctly when the gemwin is created the first time. Once
the gemwin is created the second time after destroying the first gemwin
the rendering output wont work anymore.
???
christian

On Nov 2, 2004, at 1:56 AM, Christian Klotz wrote:

> Hi all,
> after replacing my fedora with debian again :) I compiled gem 0.90
> from cvs and everything went fine. But there is one really strange
> behaviour. Once I open a pd/gem path it doesnt show anything.
> Sometimes the blue square help patch works but usually there is
> nothing to see - and there are no error messages.
> It seems to be something linked to Direct Rendering - if the console
> gives a "Direct Rendering enabled!" there wont be anything shown, if
> it doesnt, everything works fine. But is there a way to control the
> Direct Rendering? glxinfo says that my geforce 5700 can handle direct
> rendering.
> I compiled gem using the nvidia glx 1.0.6111.1 driver for my geforce
> 5700 card. Does anybody know something about this?
> thanks in advance,

---
Christian Klotz
Kunsthochschule Kassel / School of Arts Kassel ::digitalpool