[PD] selfresetting counter

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Nov 3 10:36:40 CET 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Martin Stepanek wrote:
> actually i did have a look at the
> counters and more_counters examples. but there the wiring is different.
> there the author(s) go away from [+ 1] and not from the [float]. going
> away from the float like ian suggested made my code work.

For non integer values the floating point representation sometimes is
not accurate enough, so if you sum them up, you never reach the  value
that you put in "select". You could use "moses" to detect if your
value passed a certain threshold. But then, dividing after the counter
is always better.

Guenter