[PD] Movie players quality

wendling wendling at free.fr
Wed Nov 3 12:45:20 CET 2004

Le 2/11/04 14:50, « --//-- » <schwarz at gen-control.com> a écrit :

> hi wilfried...
>
> if it looks like reduced color depth its your ati driver. using omega drivers
> (omegadrivers.net) with the default settings should fix the problem.
>
> regards
> wolfgang
>
> At 14:29 02.11.2004, wendling wrote:
>> Hi list,
>> I first want to thanks all the developpers for their great job, specialy for
>> GEM.  It's really extraodinary !
>>
>> I'm a newbee with GEM 0.90.1 and i work with windows XP pro on a pentium4
>> 3ghz (fsb 800) with 1 Go of ram and an ATI 9600 (128 Mo).
>>
>> When i compare the same film in Windows media player or quicktime, and in
>> pix_movie or pix_film exemples, there is a really degradation of the movie
>> by GEM players.
>>
>> What can i do ?
>>
>> Thanks again for all and sorry for my english.
>>
>> Wilfried Wendling

Thank you for your reponse

I have instal omega drivers but there nothing realy different.  There is
alway a degradation.

It's hard to define, the color seems to be ok but there is somes  "spots" or
"halo" in the uniform surfaces.

It's very clear when i compare the same film (extract from a dvd) in windows
media player.

Nobody have the same problem ?

Wilfried