[PD] Gem testing

shreeswifty bigswift at ufl.edu
Thu Nov 4 23:40:56 CET 2004

Hi kids

Been working with Gem again and loving the 090 stuff.
I did notice a few issues when using gem with

4 - 3.5 GB MOVIES with a patch mixing and alpha channeling the films
and moving the stuff with midi

With 090, it stutters and skips because i assume it's trying to play
back the audio on the Quicktime as well?
With 888pre the behavior is a little better
With the April 087 CVS they all play back smooth as silk, but of course
no audio, which is fine for me

but what could the issue be?

i notice the SIZE of the Gem.pd_darwin is now near 17MBs and the CVS87
is near 3MBs

I am on OSX 10.3 g4 laptop 1024 all that.

just curious if anyone else is noticing this stuff too..

cheers~