[PD] Analysis Transcription

jmmmp jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Thu Nov 4 16:14:08 CET 2004

>    I would like to create a tool that would be capable of
> transcribing audio into lets say midi. I am thinking that
> would use some combination of fiddle~ and pique. It doesn't
> have to be terribly accurate, just say seperate out bass,
> tenor, alto, saprono and then transcribe their melodic
> lines.

Hello,

there is a wav2midi program for windows which I don't know, but it is always
better when one can make his own functional program.

> Does anyone know of a patch that already does this? Is
> anyone interested in forming a working group to develop a
> patch that could perform this type of analysis using pd?

I don't know any patches that do this, but I will have to prepare something
similar in the future. I don't have much time now, but I am interested in
this work. How far are you now?