[PD] nameclashes

Marius Schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Fri Nov 5 04:24:21 CET 2004

I know that the pd fileformat does not allow comments or headers. But I was
thinking of a declaration in a header like "from iemlib import gate" and all
gates in the patch would be iem ones. I dont like the idea of typing
iem::gate all the time and I think it may be easier to define the object at
the beginning of the pd file than replacing the text of every object. And
you could use different library objects in different abstractions.
Apart from that, I think, communication is best. Is there a list of all
problem objects until now? i think also the capital letter-cyclone objects
are problematic, because of the help-patches, which are not displayed
correctly under windows.

Append (pd native, cyclone)
Clip (pd native, cyclone)
Line~ (pd native, cyclone)
Snapshot~ (pd native, cyclone)
Scope~ (pd native, cyclone)
gate (iemlib, cyclone)
prepend (iemlib, cyclone)
split (iemlib, cyclone)
and I think there are some cyclone dummies, which will be objects in the
future (?). like sfplay~.

btw. arent there also problems with abstraction nameclashes?

marius.