[PD] pd-cvs list

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 5 21:31:26 CET 2004

On Nov 5, 2004, at 3:11 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:
>
>>> I think so, but isn't that the case with checking in as binary files
>>> anyway? We once had the discussion whether patches should be binary
>>> in
>>> the repository, and we concluded yes, because no accidental (and then
>>> disastrous) merging can happen.
>> can't this be done on the server?
>
> It should be possible by adding to "CVSROOT/cvswrappers" the following
> line, which I use in my ~/.cvswrappers file anyway:
>
> *.pd -k 'b'

"We could add .pd files to the cvswrappers with the -kb tag, which is
the only specific 'binary' handling that CVS does server-side AFAIK.
All -kb does is prevent keyword expansion ($Revision $, $Id $, etc.).
   But I use those so I'd like to keep it in there.  I am pretty sure
that preventing merges happens on the client-side, since the actual
merge happens on the client side."

I'd like to keep it this way, if possible.

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice, it
can change entire economies."

     - Amy Smith