[PD] [autoscale] first release

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Sat Nov 6 00:23:35 CET 2004

hello,

I made 2 years ago a "calibration" abstraction for the sensors I use.
I distribute this abstraction with the hardware I sell for my work.
(could be download somewhere at www.la-kitchen.fr/download/...)

The first thing I notice is that if a patch have to work on lot's of
diferents computer, objects like "scale" should be avoid.

so, what I want to say is :
if you want to share a patch : don't use "scale", "range", "uzi" or any
other object that create nameclash.

As frank says, it's not very hard to make an autoscale as an 100% native
pd abstaction.
this solution is the only solution that will work everywhere.

making a patch work on a computer is not very hard.
making a patch work on all computer is harder.

cyrille