[PD] Re: [PD-announce] devel_0_38

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Nov 7 19:48:05 CET 2004

On Nov 7, 2004, at 8:29 AM, Tim Blechmann wrote:

>> just one question about the organisation of cvs development:
>> May i still commit changes to the devel branch myself or am i supposed
>> to post to the patch tracker?
> sure ...
>
>> I would prefer the former approach because i fear that Tim would have
>> too much work with the patches otherwise, and on the other hand my PD
>> devel checkout would certainly be a mess of patches, sync'd and
>> unsync'd versions.
> i think, i'll only try to keep track of the changes to devel_0_38 ...
> and maybe tag a devel_ version that is known to be stable ...

Yes!  We should definitely be using tagging more.  I plan on tagging
for every release I make, tho I am not decided whether beta releases
should be tagged as well, or just final releases.  Can anyone think of
the disadvantages of this much tagging?

____

deliberately throwing it
away to benefit those who profit from scarcity."
							-John Gilmore