[PD] ultrasound 2004 pd workshops in leeds

altern enrike at altern.org
Wed Nov 10 11:20:31 CET 2004

hi

The information is not exactly right. They sent it a too early when the
content were still not defined totally and I guess puts too much stress
on the PD part of it.

The workshop will be part of Ultrasound festival www.ultrasound.ws in
Huddersfield . Its is hosted by the Digital Reseach Unit (link between
the university and the Media Center) and it will be in Huddersfield and
not in Leeds (!).
There will be 3 days of workshop where different open source (not all of
them but the mayority) multimedia/sound/graphic tools will be introduced.

It will be conducted by ixi people but it will actually have a lot of
other interesting people adding their expertise.

As far as i know this would be a description of what should happen there:
ixi will introduce basic PD, SC and basics of programming in Python +
overview of graphics in Python (PyOpenGL and Pygame-PySDL)
Aymeric Mansoux will introduce more PD + externals such as GEM and PDP/PiDiP
on top of this there would be short addtions by Andy Gracie, who will
talk about controlling Teleo with MAX/MSP (this is the non opensource
bit) and Steve Symons, who will talk about his MUIO USB system.

We will also talk about interfaces for music making and discuss ideas
and concepts, and show examples trying to explore and brainstorm ideas
and possibilites that this technologies offer us, and how to take
advantage of them for our artistic work.

As you can see plenty of stuff for 3 days, maybe too much, but the aim
is to give and overview and share ideas and knowledge.

Then over the weekend there is the Ultrasound festival which is very
cozy and interesting.

best

enrike