[PD] Re: [PD-dev] Re: prepend w/ set message - ignore

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Nov 10 19:57:58 CET 2004

Hallo,
Matju hat gesagt: // Matju wrote:

> I'd say that if after discussing about an object class for a while
> we figure out that the MAX behaviour is annoying then I'd say we
> drop compatibility. Bonus points if there is actually a way to
> search-and-replace those things systematically, automateable using
> an hypothetical (or real) script.

yes, there are these cases and those cases. However, the limitation of
[prepend] is not annoying enough to break compatibility, IMO. ALso you
have to take into account how common and prevalent a Max-object is.
Breaking less used objects like, say, "bondo" is not that much of a
problem, as breaking "prepend" would be.

Ciao