[PD] Re: readsf~ / soundfiler crash with lots of big files

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Fri Nov 12 19:17:11 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Stefan Turner wrote:
> I actually meant I thought readsf~ allocates memory
> for the whole file although I wouldn't need it:

I meant that it doesn't allocate memory for the whole file,
it just allocating 260kB.
Anyhow, I can reproduce the behaviour and adding additional
readfs's really uses up all of the memory very quickly.
... very strange.

As a last resort (until the problems are fixed) you could try to
use zexy's sfplay.

Thanks for reporting

Guenter